YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

This online forum is for communities to ask and and seek answers, or to give answers to others regarding any question concerning local government. This is free and open to anyone willing to join the conversation.

Notifications
Clear all

How to I object to my valuation?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
(@jonathane)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

My valuation is high. What Must I do? 

(@ivor)
Member Admin

Every municipality must have allow for property owners to object by providing them with an objection mechanism. Depending on which municipality, this may be a form you can download from their website, obtain from their office or in some instances, complete the objection through a designated portal.

Too, Most municipalities accept objections via email.

There are different types of objection forms in the following categories such as Residential, Business, Schools, Section Title and Farm land. Make sure you know which one relates to your property.

ReplyQuote
(@donaldjacobs)

Is this process known by another name? 

ReplyQuote
(@dufnuf)

Posted by: @jonathane

My valuation is high. What Must I do? 

Hope and pray. this process is hard. 

ReplyQuote
(@julia-fish)
Member Admin

@donaldjacobs They could be called General Valuation Rolls (GVR), Municipal Valuation Rolls, Property Rates Evaluations/Assessments/Increases. Generally on municipal management websites and in government gazette adverts the GVR is standard.

ReplyQuote
(@ivor)
Member Admin

Hi - check out our resources on GVRs here: https://can.org.za/category/can-resources/gvr/

ReplyQuote
Share: